Join us in providing free lunches to children in need in Hillsboro. After lunch, help run structured activities such as cultural presentations, arts and crafts classes, sports training, educational games, and a reading program.
For 2017, we will begin June 29 and run through August 18, from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on weekdays. The lunch and events are held at Montebello Apartments and Sunset Gardens in Hillsboro. This is one of our most popular seasonal volunteer opportunities. You can sign up for an hour, a day, a week, or the entire program.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direction of a Bienestar staff member, the Summer Lunch and Fun Program Assistant will:
- Aid staff in distributing lunches to 40-60 youth
- Help lead a small group of youth participants in daily activities, including arts and crafts, sports, reading, and more
- Maintain a safe, clean environment, including helping tidy up after lunch and the day’s activity
- Prior experience working with youth
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and ability levels
- Effective organizational and communication skills
- Interest in education or related field
Knowledge of Spanish is helpful but not required.
For questions regarding this program, contact Maria Hidalgo (firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.693.2937 Ext. 103).
To submit an application, contact Volunteer Coordinator Alyssa Vitale (email@example.com or 503.693.2937 Ext. 102).