Let Recetas Para Éxito cater your next event!
Bienestar’s Recetas Para Éxito Program was launched in 2012 thanks to funding from the Paul G. Allen Foundation and United Way. The new program has two components:
- Culinary skills job training program for low-income
residents of Bienestar.
- Social enterprise for Bienestar to create revenue to sustain
As part of our mission to build housing, hope and futures for the well-being of working families, we have developed a new initiative called Recetas Para Exito (Recipes for Success). Our vision is to provide employment training opportunities for our residents so that they may be competitive in the culinary field. Program coordinator Seidy Selivanow leads students through the 13-week job training program at our certified commercial kitchen at Reedville Apartments. The curriculum mirrors the type offered at professional culinary institutes. At the completion of training, participants will have three options:
- Get a job in food service, bypassing typical entry level positions like dishwasher with the support of Bienestar’s job coach and the Recetas Advisory Board;
- Enter microenterprise training at Adelante Empresas program with the goal of starting a small food business and enroll in Bienestar’s IDA (Individual Development Account, or matched savings program) to develop start-up funding;
- Work for Bienestar’s Recetas LLC, the social enterprise offering catering services.
For more information, contact Seidy Selivanow at 503.693.2937 x 112 or e-mail email@example.com.