Sunset Gardens, Hillsboro
951 SE 13th Ave.
Hillsboro, OR 97123
| Click thumbnails to view larger:|
Sunset Gardens was acquired by Bienestar in May, 2007. Part of a package deal that included Sierra West and Willow Park, this is the organization’s first LIHTC (Low Income Housing Tax Credits) project not exclusively for farmworkers. Bienestar is the General Partner in a Limited Partnership with PNC. Extensive rehab work WAS completed in June, 2008. The property had deteriorated into a crime-ridden, gang-infested community, but we worked with the Hillsboro Police and Princeton Property Management and completely transformed it with working families during the lease-up completed in October 2008.
- 101 apartments built in 1967
96 - 2 bedroom units
2 - 3 bedroom units
3 - 4 bedroom units
- 6 acre site
- Funding: Low Income Housing Tax Credit Partnership with PNC; HOME, State of Oregon Housing Trust Fund
- Value as of April, 2008 appraisal = $6.5 million
- Amenities: Playgrounds, laundry, community center, computer lab
- Residents must meet income guidelines—family income must be 50% or less of area median income.
- Manager: Delfina Salgado Phone #: 503.648.1400
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin.